Wednesday, October 26, 2011

GETTING PAID WHILE LAUGHING !!

Hmmmm my people,

I ‘m really angry, sincerely I dey vex!! Ask me why? Life is a cheat…. a serious cheat o.
My blog people will wonder what is wrong with me this weekend. Okay, it’s the many questions of life ooo.

You don’t know what I am thinking …thinking, thinking, and thinking!!

Why is getting a good laugh suddenly becoming so expensive?
What is the definition of comedy in the literal sense in Naija? Pay me to make you laugh. (clapping!!)

Some years back I remember seeing two cheques mean't for Ali Baba (my guy) worth a handsome number and six figures by the side to perform in two shows for just 20-30 minutes each. Guess what?  I actually went for one of those shows with my friends and while everyone was enjoying their time. I was there counting 2 minutes...100,000 thousand, 4 minutes..200,000 thousand, 300,000 thousands, 400,000 thousand, 800,000 thousand, 1.. em, em!. My people within 20-30 minutes with people laughing at his jokes, “yepaaaa, money don finish oooo”! (Yoruba pidgin)

I was there shaking my head, telling myself “this people them no sabi anything” (pidgin). I saw bankers, telecoms gurus, advertising whiz kids and all the rest of them (book people). To my guy Ali B, every second in that room meant ego (money) and to us it was plenty work you know with some Sir's/Ma's in between and some heavy book titles like MSc, DDD, PDP, HDD etcetera etcetera…hmm!! . Everyday 5am to 9pm, driving back and forth o. (imagine!!!).

Then I watched AY recently performing his stunt in UK with everyone paying to watch his stunts. Okay, I know how hard it is for an average Iya Charlie (British Queen) friend of mine to let go off some notes of Iya Charlie (pounds sterling) without quickly browsing the exchange rate; they couldn’t resist AY stunts oooo. I remember being on the same flight from Port Harcourt with AY, my first time of seeing him in person. It struck me that AY was just a regular guy who knows how to make you laugh while emptying your pocket in the process.
Okay, so is life fair? Don’t ask me why I am angry again o …. Anyway, I rest my case but life is sweet!!!

My advice “Don’t be a comedian” but think twice next time your school teacher says.............. “what would you like to be when you grow up?” (lol).

Being a sharp Ajebo…….. I am already thinking, thinking and thinking!!! I know what to tell my teacher next time.. (laughing).

QUOTES                                                                               
Every thought we think is creating our future (C) Louise L. Hay



No comments:

Post a Comment