Saturday, September 3, 2011

THE NAIJA CELEBRITY- CANDID MOMENTS !!!!!




Hi Bloggville

Alright my people, hmm!!!! Hope you’re doing great like my Naija artiste would say "Nothing do you"!

Come to think of it , Nigeria has the most wonderful set of talented individuals. I mean globally ....even in Alaska, Mexico, Russia, Colombia, Madagascar and recently South Sudan , my talented brotha’s are still representing o.

Trust me, when it comes to being creative, Naija no dey carry last. In different genre of the arts, comedy, music, anything entertainment globally my Nigerian brotha's (forgive me sha, if you be sista…I mean brotherhood..male & female) are the best. Usually in public they enjoy all the light camera action. Like the signing of autographs, taking pictures with fans at red carpet events, getting preferential treatment at stores and shopping malls……… etcetera, etcetera ….. (primary school).

Recently, you know our Naija artistes are finding new ways to top the collabo charts . Like Dbanj & Don Jazzy's latest signings with Kanye West and our latest video's are now making our youths consider a future career in showbiz. But outside all the razzmatazz, my Naija celebrity is usually a true Nigerian when the camera lights are out.

Anyway, to cut the long story short, my years in advertising and then being a keen observer has brought me a little closer to the true Naija celebrity. I have been privileged to have met a few while working and would like to share a picture of what a true Naija artiste is outside all the glamour.

I remembered this normal day at the office and a colleague of mine says “let’s go, have lunch” (You know the American way). Usually, we have a little restaurant in the office but to have a new feel of taste, we decided to go “explore”. My colleague suggests he knew this lovely place in Ikeja G.R.A and we all hop into his ride to discover and feel this great restaurant he was talking about.

Okay now, we moved through Ikeja G.R.A passing all the bends with everyone already salivating while gisting and I noticed while on the long drive through Isaac John street we left behind THE PLACE, SWEET SENSATION, CHICKEN REPUBLIC, BARCELOS without stopping….but naturally like he said, it was this normal Naija joint naaaa !!!!. Trust me, I am a correct Ajebo Naija boy o ( Hmmmm!!!!)…but you don’t find better Amala with gbegiri and ewedu soup…where you can point and kill your cow leg or goat meat from the large pot in those places now!!!!!! abi (If na lie, make I enter plane go London).

Hmm!....my shocker, immediately we got to this place. Guess who we met at the door? “ALIBABA the comedian”. My guy had 2 full covered plates of Amala, gbegiri and ewedu in his hands…he stopped to say hello to us ‘cause he knew our faces back at the office being one of my company client. My guy smiled at us with his plates of Amala and hurried into one tinted Peugeot 406… zooming off !!!! fast fast. Ha! Ha! Ha! I didn’t eat in that place o, being a Naija Ajebo...... You know, I just watched my colleagues enjoying their meal. (Na true).

Another encounter I had with another of our Naija celebrity a comedian and a popular actor… (Make I yarn). Of course, it was at another event i attended at Planet One in Maryland. Nice lovely evening, we enjoyed great performances by 9ice, Rooftop MC’s, Spirit of David and a whole lot of fun. At the climax of the event, I remembered I was with my late friend Sur Sein (May his soul rest in perfect peace) gisting. And the…………………



QUOTES

 
"Happiness consists more in small conveniences or pleasures that occur every day, than in great pieces of good fortune that happen but seldom." (c) Benjamin Franklin





1 comment: