Saturday, September 17, 2011

THE NAIJA CELEBRITY- CANDID MOMENTS !!!!! PART 2


Vou Atus, Bon weekend my people!!! (French pidgin),

Hope you’re’ enjoying the month of September. Anyway sha, it’s cool to be back with you and back to my gist.

And then.... we noticed standing next to us was comedian Tee A and also with him was the fine boy Nollywood actor Kunle Afolayan also gisting. Before I could get the whole picture, I saw Tee A move swiftly and Kunle Afolayan also zoomed behind him to the Cocktail section which was close to where we were standing to form a line. My Friend quickly pulled me along to join them, since I was still forming my Ajebo as usual to my surprise hmmmmm!!!, the queue had elongated beyond my imagination. I saw Tee A and Kunle Afolayan quickly took their plates being the first on the line and started ordering the boys to load the plates with all the goodies on the long cocktail table. No mind me o, I quickly joined with my guy to order all the orderables until my plate was loaded (No dulling!!)

So we sat next to them at a table around the corner... the four of us . I , My friend Sur joining Kunle Afolayan and Tee A after completing our orders.We exchanged greetings with them and they replied while I made a comment to Tee A if he was enjoying his food. Tee A replied and said in pidgin “omo the food no bad make person quickly enjoy because I know sure if I go see another food chop tonight again o”. I also overhead him saying to Kunle “thank God say one quickly go collect before them finish the food o”. It was then it occurred to me that they actually came to stand close to the cocktail table not miss out on the meal ( anyway na over sharpness from past experience in the field).

The encounter I had with our Naija female artiste was a natural one. I mean natural in the sense that this female artiste actually answered a call to nature o. The female artiste by name was ''Essence'' my facebook love lady. I know no say nature o bad ooooo!!! like the rhymes of a popular Naija song.. ha! ha, ha!. Even my facebook love lady with all the full makeup and plenty fashion with paparazzi attention could not resist natures call.

Scheduled for a live performance at one event , I guess while waiting to be ushered to the stage, mother nature performed her magic on Essence. She paced to where I was to ask where she could find the loo (toilet my people).I knew whatever it was must be very urgent because the way she zoomed at my direction towards the restroom (toilet jare!!!). Ask me what I was doing close?

Anyway sha, I guess nature has a way of putting me close to where our Naija celebs are outside the view of the paparazzi’s and the red carpets. Consider these scenarios in your mind.

Dbanj still buys and eats roadside boli with some g nuts! (roasted unripe plantain and groundnut).
Genevieve could actually still be snoring out loudly while she's sleeping.
Sammie Okposo could still be bed wetting at the age of 17yrs.
Tu face could still be opening coke bottles for his American fans with his teeth.
Omawunmi...ha! ha! fit vomit if she eat salad o !!!
Etcetera, etcetera……………….. (As usual)

I’m not saying these scenarios are real (Naija artiste are muah!!!) except my various encounter has taught me that the Naija artiste is truly a Nigerian outside all the glamour.




QUOTES

The hall of fame where great individuals are made is usually a Unique curve; they follow an unpopular course to destiny.. ©Me, Myself & I

2 comments: