Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Cashless 9ja-Part 1





My people Nnna mennnn!!, Kedu Kodi (Ibo greetings)

I treasure my past competent meetings with my Ibo friend from the east. Ha ha! (no vex)

Okay but somehow this year, I have not blogged o. Imagine! omo boy has been chasing money seriously, na wa, since this subsidy issue oooo, hmm. Okay they say we writers have a disease called “writers block'' but my people, I no sabi (pidgin) if this one na subsidy block anyway hurray 'am back !!!!!!.

In my growing up years, i've had lots of contact with my people from the east, from my younger high school years, uptill my graduation from college, you know (oyinbo way). Imagine those our yeye (pidgin) NYSC people in Abuja who love playing tumbo tumbo(pidgin) poker with our names also deployed my face again to the east.
 
I love my Ibo Naija friends, who would give you great hospitality especially when they know you are coming from Lagos with plenty ego (money) to spend in the east (lol). No be small, even in the farthest villages in the east, the scent of a lagosian to the average villager is the scent of ego (money).

My plenty thoughts about ego(money) since January this year brings me back to my story on the recent policy of 9ja's economic loose cannon,  "Mr. CBN".
  
I just keep imagining how the word cashless would mean to my Ibo friends . Maybe you will  understand mypoint o view if you read these scenarios.

Nnamdi my ibo  friend would say to his wife who is asking for soup money. “I am very sorry Nneka; I don’t have any cash at home today.Abeg Nne (Ibo), you should understand we don’t carry cash anymore in this new dispensation.

Emeka my other friend I overheard telling his suppliers on phone. Hello Mr. Obodo,I can no longer come over with the money because we now run cash-less. You know I have to wire it through the bank and the bank manager told me the money may not arrive till, emmmmmm, around 2 months because of some heavy hold up on the internet (Imagine!!!!!!!)

Chinedu my distant imaginary cousin in church, just smiled at the beautiful usher when the offering basket was passed to him, saying. ‘I forgot my card on my way to church’. (If my God catch you).

Ogechi my invisible next door neighbor will not stop asking how she would cope with her many male customers who will now buy on credit.Wetin you dey think? (pidgin) abeg, na male clothes Ogechi dey sell oooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Truly, a cash-less or cashlite(whatever) economy is not a bad one o. My Naija blokes love spending ego (money) when it is in physical cash. Like traveling to America to buy a house with full payment in cash you know. (Naija way)

See you in my next blog when we imagine what the word ‘’cash-less’’ is to a truly born Amala man from Ibadan. Hmm, you wan try !!!!



QUOTES


The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.
Alan Watts


No comments:

Post a Comment